- Incoming 8th Grade Students
- Incoming 9th Grade Students
- Incoming 10th Grade Students
- Curriculum Guide
- Previous CJHS Counseling Page
The focus of the Counseling Department at Clarkston Junior High School is to provide students and their families with comforting support and assistance in the development of their academic, career and personal/social skills.
Monday, January 29th from 7-9 PM: CHS counselors and administration will be hosting Curriculum Night for current 9th grade students and parents. This evening event will consist of a brief presentation of general curriculum information, followed by breakout sessions to give parents an opportunity to meet individually with their students counselor and ask questions regarding their students course selections for next year.
Tuesday, January 30th: CJHS Curriculum Day. Current 9th grade students will have an opportunity in their classes to speak to their teachers about courses they recommend for them for next year. CHS counselors will attend lunches at CJHS to answer any scheduling questions that 9th grade students may have .
Thursday, February 1st from 7:30-9:00 AM CHS Counseling Department is hosting "Coffee with Counselors" in room A200 adjacent to the CHS Media Center. This is for current 9th grade parents. This is another opportunity for parents to come in to meet with their students counselor and ask any questions you may have regarding scheduling and/or selecting your students courses for next year.
Wednesday February 7th & Thursday February 8th: Current 9th grader's schedule cards are due. CHS Counselors will return to CJHS to collect completed, signed cards.
- Students must enter their course requests into StudentVue. Click on How to enter your courses into StudentVue for a video tutorial.
- Parents, please make sure that you review your student’s course selections for next year carefully before signing the schedule card. It is important that both the student and parent are in agreement on the courses selected.
- The courses you select for next school year cannot be changed. Many things here at the high school depend on the course selections that are made by students, including staffing. It is important that all students and parents understand that course selection is important and the necessary time should be given to this process. Schedule changes at the beginning of the school year or throughout the school year will not be permitted- we simply do not have that flexibility.
- Not all course selections are guaranteed, so make sure to choose your alternates wisely.
Eva Marie Rottach, Secretary
Janice Heaphy, Counselor, (A-G)
Lisa Nardone, Counselor, (H- O) email@example.com
Jake Arendsen, Counselor, (P-Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Larsen, Social Worker/Counselor to students with IEPs
Renee Alexander, Psychologist email@example.com